CODE OF ETHICS
Recommend corrective and maintenance services and explain to the customer which of these is required now to correct existing problems and which are for preventive maintenance.
Offer customers a price estimate for work to be performed.
Obtain prior authorization for all work done, in writing or by other means satisfactory to the customer.
Make every effort to keep the customer informed about vehicle repairs and completion deadlines.
Furnish an itemized invoice for parts and services, priced fairly, which clearly identifies any used or remanufactured parts. Replaced parts may be inspected upon request.
- Furnish or post copies of any warranties covering parts or service. Always use quality auto parts.
- Provide and honor in-house warranties.
- Exercise reasonable care for the customer's property while it is being serviced.
- Make every effort to fix the customer's vehicle right the "first time".
- Maintain a system for fair settlement of customer's complaints.
- Cooperate with established consumer complaint mediation activities.
Uphold the high standards of profession and seek to correct any or all abuses within the automotive industry.